My aunt and I were shopping last month for her upcoming trip to London and one of the items on our shopping list for her was a trench coat or a jacket to keep her warm. We looked in Promod, Marks & Spencer, and Mango but we found it a challenge to find a garment that was in her size. Eventually, she found a jacket in Trinoma (forgot which store) but definitely, the options were limited.
That’s why when I found Bonmarché, I immediately thought of our shopping challenge and how this could have easily solved our problem. Just to give you guys a brief background, Bonmarché is a UK fashion retail brand with over 380 stores in the United Kingdom and ship internationally. They specialize in providing a wide range of plus size clothing for women.
Browsing through their site, I made my top picks for plus size ladies jackets. Check them out:
1. Faux Wool Mid Length Button Through Coat – Doesn’t this coat look so Retro? I really like the silhouette, the color, and the huge buttons. Wearing this would make me feel like I stepped out of an old Hollywood film.
2. Mid Length Boucle Check Coat – Now this one’s more boxy in shape but I think it would look great over a pair of perfectly cut trousers and a vibrantly-colored silk top.
3. Long Faux Wool Funnel Neck Coat – Now we’ve seen enough black and camel trench coats. This gray one looks just as chic, don’t you think?
4. Faux Wool Duffle Coat – This one looks so cozy! I adore the bright color and the clasps in front.
5. Faux Wool Zip Coat – Everyone needs a classic piece in their closet and this one is it. The color and the silhouette are timeless.
Perhaps one day I might go on a trip to London myself. It’s definitely on my must-see places before I die. When I do, I can definitely think about buying a jacket from Bonmarché. Shipping’s free in the UK only though. 😦
What do you guys think of the pieces above?