For the past few weeks, I have been making do with a non-waterproof mascara. In this hot, sweaty climate, using one is an absolute nightmare as smudging is unavoidable. After ranting about the experience on Twitter and Facebook, I got several recommendations from my friends. This Etude House Henna Mascara was one of the most recommended.
According to my friends, it can make your lashes appear incredibly long and full while at the same time, the effect lasts all day without smudging. After two weeks of wearing this everyday, I’m now ready to give my verdict.
- I love the hot pink packaging. It’s bright and very girly the way I like it.
- The curvy wand follows the natural shape of your lashes and allow for better application.
- It goes on really black and can instantly define the eyes and make them stand out.
- It can add length and and volume to your lashes.
- Does not smudge at all!
- The stopper on this one is absolutely rubbish. When you pull out the wand, you get a ton of product that can get everywhere as you swipe it on your lashes. Tip: tap the wand on a sheet of tissue first to get rid of excess product.
- Although it’s an advantage that it doesn’t smudge, it’s really difficult to get rid of this product without a makeup remover. Even with one though, it’s still a challenge trying to get this off!
Here are some before and after shots for your appreciation:
Sorry there are threads / lint on my lashes. I don’t know why they’re there. Hahaha
I messed up the bottom lashes on left eye because I didn’t take out the excess product from the wand. Lesson learned! 😀
My final verdict?
I think this mascara is all right especially if you need one that lasts all day and if your lashes need a lot of volumizing and lengthening. At PHP600+, however, I think this is a little bit pricey (though cheaper than the Revlon one I bought prior to this). If you love Korean products and would like to splurge, this is the mascara for you. I’d give it a 3.5/5.