We’re almost half way through the year! Amazing, right? Time is flying by so fast I gotta keep up or get left behind! Here’s one post that I can definitely not delay for any longer. Before I move on to the month of May, I better list down my April 2012 favorites for you all.
1. Bobbie Nail Polishes. I’ve been hoarding nail lacquers from Bobbie all summer long. These definitely fall under the impulsive buy category. At PHP30 to 37 pesos each, getting one or two every time I step into Watson’s is what I call instant gratification. More recently, I’ve been into glitters so I’m featuring Solar Flare and Star Gazer.
Right now, I’m using Solar Flare (golden one) as base then layered the peachy Star Gazer on top. Here’s the result on video:
I enjoyed making that video so expect more videos like it in the future! 😀
2. Sleek Pout Polish with SPF 15. This intense heat we’re currently experiencing the Philippines is wreaking havoc on my skin. I got to make sure that I get all the protection I can have to defend myself against the sun’s harmful rays. Even my lips need protection so I’m using Sleek Pout Polish in Powder Pink very often because it has an SPF of 15. I got this pot from the UK but I’m happy to announce that Sleek in now available in the Philippines. Check out their Facebook page.
This works like a lip balm / lip gloss but I love how it’s very pigmented when you apply it on your lips. As is typical of Sleek products, the color pay off is really good. I’m a Sleek fan because their products are affordable yet of good quality.
Powder Pink looks like a cotton candy and it smells really, really good! I every much enjoy putting it on my lips. You can see below how it looks when I put it on. On the left photo, I only have the pout polish on my lower lip so you can compare it with my lips’ natural color. The photo on the right, on the other hand, shows my lips fully coated with the pout polish. Sorry if you see some red spots on my lower lip. These are the result of me constantly nibbling on it.
3. Tony Moly Party Lover Shine Blusher and Backstage Gel Eyeliner. Moving on, I have two products from Tony Moly to share. First is their Party Lover Shine Blusher in 02. It’s a coral peach color (that’s a tongue twister right there!) that goes so well with the pastel makeup trend this spring / summer 2012.
I love how the puff makes it so easy to use on the go and how the color is just the right shade of pink and coral. A quick dab on both cheeks will instantly make the face look more alive.
Another product from Tony Moly that I’m wearing often this month is their backstage gel eyeliner in black. The thing I like about this product is how malleable the gel is. It glides on so smoothly when applied thus making drawing a clean line easier. The only downside is if you have oily lids, this product will eventually crease.
4. Avon’s Smoke and Mirror Palette and Glimmer Stick in Golden Fawn. Ok, I bought the Smoke and Mirrors palette after seeing how lovely it is in one of Pixiwoo’s makeup tutorials. I bought one for my giveaway but couldn’t rsist also getting one for myself. You can see the quad in the tutorial I posted yesterday. For now, I won’t go on about this product yet because I’m planning to do a proper review of it soon.
I’m also very impressed with Avon’s Glimmerstick at the moment. I got the color Golden Fawn – a beautiful bronze – gold shade that may work well as an eye shadow base but may also be used as an eyeliner. Putting this on will instantly brighten your eyes. I used this in a tutorial, which I will be posting in the coming days, so watch out for it to see its effect.
By the way, the reason I’m impressed with this product is because it doesn’t budge once it sets. Meaning, it doesn’t smudge. I even put the swatch I did on my hand under running water but it stayed put. I think I shall get this in black and brown too! 🙂
5. Johnson’s Body Care Daily Calming Lotion. This is one of my all time favorites! I love its lavender and moon flower scent. Although you would think that the “melt away stress daily calming lotion” claim is a tad dubious, I actually think that it’s effective in helping me relax. I apply this before I go to bed and I get really good sleep after. 😀
6. Mirror, Mirror. Last but not the least, I would like to thank my friend Kim for giving me this mirror. It’s proving to be very helpful especially during makeup application as you can tilt the mirror the right angle. Also, it’s one of those mirrors that’s magnifying on the other side so you can see your face up close. This is very helpful especially when I’m doing my eye makeup or when I’m plucking my brows. You guys should definitely get one too! 😀
Now that’s it for my April favorites. I can’t wait to get my hands on new products this month to review. I’m thinking of getting some of the Careline blushers for myself and getting more products from Sleek. Been eyeing their Rose Gold blusher for ages as it’s apparently a dupe for NARS Orgasm. 😀
In other news, it finally rained today! When I was younger, we were told that if it rains on May 1, we should bathe in the rain as it is blessed by God. Didn’t dance under the rain today but I would have loved too. If only Metro Manila wasn’t so smoggy, I would! 😀
That’s it, folks! See you all again tomorrow! 😀